Deputy Head teacher- Full time permanent
From 1st January 2021
Pay Range: L8 – L12: £48,808 to £58,856
The Governing Board of Millfield Primary School is seeking to appoint an exceptional teacher to join the senior leadership team of our school as deputy head teacher. This post would initially have a full time teaching commitment of three days with the other two days being involved with leadership and management of the school.
This is an exciting time for Millfield Primary as we move forward and make the necessary changes to make our school the very best that it can be. We are committed to making our school a centre of excellence and are relentless about our drive for improvement.
In particular our new Deputy Head Teacher will have the responsibility for leading curriculum development, assessment / pupil progress and other key areas for school improvement with a focus on further raising our standards of achievement. They will be a Designated Safeguarding Lead and performance manage staff teams.
The successful candidate must:
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner with proven experience of delivering consistently good / outstanding lessons
- Be able to lead and take the initiative
- Be prepared to contribute to whole school improvement through demonstrating good teaching across the school
- Be able to contribute to developing the curriculum at our school
- Have proven success in securing good pupil progress and motivating children to learn
- Be able to take responsibility for leading and managing significant areas of the day to day life of the school
- See partnerships with parents / carers as an essential tool for raising achievement
Our school can offer:
- Enthusiastic children with excellent behaviour for learning
- High expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour
- Supportive colleagues, parents and governors
- Opportunities for training and professional development
Applications are invited from all good and outstanding teachers with excellent references, proven success in the classroom and evidence of leadership and management impacting on whole school improvement.
Visits to the school are encouraged and appointments to tour the school on Wednesday 16th September and Thursday 17th September can be made through the school office.
If you are interested in applying for this vital position at our school, please complete the application form and return it to school (preferably by email to email@example.com) along with a supporting letter detailing relevant experience, why you would be suitable for the post and how you would contribute to improving our school and making it an outstanding school in the future.
The closing date for applications for this post is 3.00pm on Friday 2nd October 2020.
Shortlisting will take place on Monday 5th October.
Candidates selected for interview will be informed by midday on Tuesday 6th October.
Interviews to take place on: Wednesday 14th October and Thursday 15th October.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose all criminal convictions.
Mr M Hall
Chair of Governors – Millfield Primary School
Mr S Kelly
Head teacher – Millfield Primary School