Welcome to Millfield Primary School and to our school website.
As head teacher of Millfield I am extremely proud of the role and responsibility I have of leading and managing the school and making it the very best that it can be.
These are challenging but exciting times for Millfield Primary as we continue to move forward and ensure that all of our pupils make the best possible progress and achieve at the highest possible level.
We work hard to ensure all our pupils experience an exciting, engaging curriculum at our school that provides them with the knowledge and skills needed for the next stage of their education and their future lives.
Reading is at the heart of our curriculum. It is the most important skill that we must teach our pupils to ensure that they become fluent readers as quickly as possible.
We want every pupil at this school to be a confident, fluent reader who not only reads to learn but also reads for pleasure.
I am, along with all staff and all governors, committed to making our school a centre of excellence. We are all dedicated to accepting nothing but the best for our school and doing everything in our power to help every single pupil achieve their very best.
If your require any further information about the school or wish to make an appointment to visit us please do not hesitate to contact the school office.
Mr S Kelly - Head Teacher
You can keep up to date with all the exciting learning at our school by following us on Twitter @MillfieldPS or @MillfieldHT
- News regarding our author of the month for December and some ideas for books to add to children's Christmas lists before they are sent to Santa at the the North Pole this year.
- A reminder regarding term dates for this academic year.
- Information regarding school Christmas Dinner on Wednesday 8th December and a performance of Beauty and the Beast for pupils on Wednesday 15th December.
- Advice for parents / carers regarding the use of the TikTok app.
- Please note the guidance if children have any of the 3 symptoms of COVID-19,
- Personal, social, health and economic (PSHE) education is an important and necessary part of all pupils’ education.
Latest Millfield Primary School Events
- School Christmas Dinner08Dec2021
Our school kitchen will be serving a fantastic, delicious traditional Christmas dinner for pupils today (there is also a vegetarian Christmas dinner option) to mark the start of the Christmas celebrations at our school.
- Christmas Jumper Day!10Dec2021
All pupils are invited to wear their Christmas jumpers (and other festive clothing / non uniform) into school for a voluntary contribution of £1 (or maximum of £2 per family). All funds raised will go to the Save the Children charity.
- Beauty and the Beast - M&M Theatrical Productions15Dec2021
M&M Theatrical Productions in school all day to perform a version of Beauty and the Beast to all pupils (KS2 - 9.30am and EYFS and KS1 - 1.45pm).
- End of term17Dec2021
3:15 pm - 3:15 pm
School closes to pupils for the Christmas break. School reopens to all pupils on Wednesday 5th January 2022.